Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eleven days and doing the distance thing...

I will start out my whining by saying that even though it's an adjustment, I think being 1.5 hours away from each other has been good for D and I. I think it gives us (or at least me) concentrated time to focus on grad school without feeling pulled in other directions by each other. I am personally an attention hog, and if D was here I'd want most of his attention, and I'd want to give him mine. Unfortunately my attention is rather fully spent these days on twenty page papers about urban renewal and in microeconomics of supply and demand, and I really don't have all that much to spare- at least not on the week/classdays.

As this to say that tomorrow will be the 11th day I have not had a hug, kiss, or a cuddle from my love and I am starting to feel pretty in need of all three. I had a great time visiting my sister last weekend in DC, and I have been making some kickass progress on school assignments, but I am really just ready for a big ole' hug and kiss from David.

Monday was the 2nd year anniversary of our first date. We have grown so much in that time. We have grown as individuals and as a unit. It has been rough at times, but I think the difficulties are so worth is because the end product is a beautiful and intricate process that has left me more bonded with a person than I could have ever thought possible. It's hard to put it into words and to make other people understand the profundity of it, but I really feel like I have a mate and a life partner. Someone who accepts me as I am and challenges me to be the best I can be. Someone who is willing to work hard to make things work. Someone to laugh and cry with. Someone to share the mundane details of a day at school or the exciting details of a trip to a far away place. Someone to care about and someone who care about me just as much.

I am all mushy, but 11 days it a long time. As is two years. I feel like I am just get excited about all the future time we might have together because the process has been beautiful so far, and it seems like it can only get more beautiful and deeper than it already is, and that's lot to be excited about, isn't it?

No comments: