Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I get around.

This morning when I was doing my sort of morning meditation- which is more like a self gathering then a meditation- I was staring at the wall behind my bed and looking at the Green Day and Harry Potter posters and thinking for the millionth time that I really need to do something new on that wall, and then I looked around and thought that all my walls could use some new (less college-ish) pictures. I have been meaning to get some prints of my photos and hang them up, but just never got around to it.

So in some of my ample spare time at work I decided to take a look through my webshots to take a look to see what art I want hanging on my wall, and then I realized that I truly get around to a lot of places and do a lot of really awesome things.

Since college graduation I have been to London, Spain, Chile, Portland (twice), Phoenix on a trip with my mom, to San Fran (with Jare and AJ once and Dave Matthews band the second time). The picture with me and my sister playing ultra-tourist is when we went to Tijuana for the day during my senior year of college.

But besides long distance travel David and I have gone a ton of local places within the past year or so and I have totally soaked up all the sights of Southern California. I saw the Tar Pits for the first time, and the Los Angeles Museum or Art-which was cool. I have been to the L.A. zoo and the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal park more than once. We've visited San Juan Capistrano a few times. I went on to separate occasions to the Huntington with my sister (first time) and mom (we had tea). Andrew, Jare, and I also took a really cool field trip to Glen Oak like two years ago and spent time eating apple pie and enjoying nice weather.

I am sure that I have many more things to see in Southern California, but I certainly do feel that I have exploited my location in life to the fullest by visiting local sites and seeing as many concerts as possible (Green Day, Damien Rice three times, Allison Krauss, The Decemberists, Kevin Devine, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, The Pogues, Ben Lee, Ben Folds, John Mayer just to name some).

I don't what I am trying to say other than I am revisiting a lot of really good times and feeling really blessed by all the memories I have made in the last few years. Thinking back on all the adventure surely helps me understand why I have been able to keeping chugging away at jobs I don't particularly care for. I am very much ready to go back to school and think that financial constraints might limit my adventuring, but I guess we'll see.

No comments: