- Spending $20 at the arcade to win 300 tickets with which we purchased a 2 dollar ash tray and a 50 cent beer bottle opener key chain.
- Crossing PCH after being at the gaudy (ridiculous) Hearst Castle and going to stand out on the pier for about a half an hour- watching the pelicans dive in the water, the sea lions swim, and making friend with one particular friendly (and maybe injured) pelican.
- David buying the best smoked salmon I have ever had and eating it for breakfast with sourdough bread and roasted garlic.
- Staying in a REALLY nice hotel on Atascadero, which is the closest thing I have ever stayed in to the Ritz Carlton in San Fran (which was on someone else's dime), and taking a bath in the amazing whirlpool tub for an hour after D went to sleep.
- Feeding some of the trout at the Monterey Bay Aquarium when we were on the super secret behind-the-scenes tour.
- Taking some time out of all the touristy stuff to make our own breakfast and play boardgames in the redwood forest.
- Stopping at the winery, having some wine tastes, and them making a PBJ and cucumber picnic outside- for our lunch.
- Being very comfortable and content with my travel companion as we listened to books on tape and music, stayed in 5 different places, encountered new things, ate good and bad food, and enjoyed each others company on our short sojourn.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Fun things from our trip...
Because I need to think about fun stuff right now-