Friday, February 29, 2008

Picnic

I don't know why I love picnics to much. David says that it is just eating outside, but for some reason it seems so much cooler than that. I think that my favorite picnic ever was the one that we took to the Greek Theater before seeing Allison Kraus. We had some wine and cheese and other treats, but we were surrounded by other people who had these really fancy picnicking sets and we could tell that some of them had brought really expensive bottles of wine with them. Plus, the scenery was gorgeous.

All this to say that I had a very beautiful picnic on Tuesday night and I didn't even have to lift a finger.

David made bean and cheese burritos, baked sweet potatoes, and lemon bars. We packed it all up and went to woodbridge lake where we ate at a picnic table in the playground and took a walk afterwards.

It was simply delightful as day turned to night. I am not sure what picnics feel so much more special than a normal meal, but they do.

No comments: