Sunday, March 2, 2008

Friday Adventure


On Friday David and I spent the morning at the Tucker Wildlife Sanctuary. It's in South Eastern Orange county and driving through Modejska Canyon has a very different feel than regular Orange County. I would say that you should go as soon as possible, as the abundant rain lately has formed a lovely stream running through it, which rarely ever happens. The sound of the running water and all the wild birdies chirpy is so serene and mind clearing. We only spent about an hour bird-watching, but I could have spent all day. It was so lovely and the birds were truly abundant. I saw up close hummingbirds, scrubjays, woodpeckers, titmice, and red headed sparrows. It was truly a gift to go and I'd like to go back with friends and a picnic any time you are at all interested.


Here's a link to my mostly bird photos.


And a video of some action at the feeder.





No comments: