Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Happy Birthday to my beloved Sis!

Today my little sister turns 21 and can officially drink. I remember that when we took our trip to Europe when she graduated high school and I graduated college that we were excited that we could go out and party together, but in London drinking was to expensive because of the pound to dollar exchange and and in Spain our hotel was in to shady of an area to walk back to while intoxicated. This picture was taken at a Pizza place where we each had a glass of wine. I believe that the most intoxicated we were on the trip was when we went to a theater where dinner was served before the show and we had a bottle of wine that we shared. I am and hopefully always will be a lightweight, and Anna was only 18 so we were both feeling pretty buzzed (and me admittedly sleepy) by the time the production of Tick Tick Boom starring Doogie Howser started. It makes me laugh to think back on it. We had such a wonderful trip together and hopefully there will be many more trips in our future as sisters.

On a more emotional note it feels weird to have your little sister be an adult too. I don't know why, but she was always my younger peer and I have a hard time thinking of her in the adult world, and I am sure that has something to do with the fact that I have struggled with adulthood so much myself. I am pretty sure that no matter where life takes us we will have this bond that is like best friendship x a million and I am so thankful for that. I love her so dearly, and I am sure that she understands and accepts me like no one else really could.

Happy birthday Hermanita. I hope to see you very soon and share more good times with you.







No comments: