Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Afterlife




Love of mine some day you will die But I'll be close behind I'll follow you into the dark


No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white Just our hands clasped so tight Waiting for the hint of a spark


If heaven and hell decide That they both are satisfied Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs


If there's no one beside you When your soul embarks Then I'll follow you into the dark


In Catholic school as vicious as Roman rule I got my knuckles bruised by a lady in black


And I held my tongue as she told me Son fear is the heart of love So I never went back


If heaven and hell decide That they both are satisfied Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs


If there's no one beside you When your soul embarks Then I'll follow you into the dark


You and me have seen everything to see From Bangcok to Calgary


And the soles of your shoes are all worn down The time for sleep is now

It's nothing to cry about Cause we'll hold each other soon In the blackest of rooms


If heaven and hell decide

That they both are satisfied Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs


If there's no one beside you When your soul embarks

Then I'll follow you into the dark


Then I'll follow you into the dark

1 comment:

Valerie Geary said...

I've always loved this song. Thank you for posting the video. It made me cry a little. Cute sad little bunnies.