Sunday, June 29, 2008

Serenity

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

I have heard this prayer for a long time, but haven't truly contemplated it until the last years.
I realize that while life seems to be changing rapidly as of late, it really has been changing pretty rapidly for the past two years. I think that this change has shaken me so much because it involves people, and the one thing that value the most in my life is my relationships. And I have been blessed to have very stable relationships in the past several years. Now that people are moving I think that since I am not the one who is making the choices about the changes, I feel really uneasy, because simply said I am a control freak, and don't like when I cannot make things around me go the way I want them to.

All that to say that I know that currently the thing that I can change is my own attitude and mindset when it comes to dealing with the way things are going in life.

It's been a good weekend, and I think that if I had to make a judgement I would say that I am growing more comfortable with the upcoming changes in my life. But I mean, they still haven't happened yet, so I guess I will cross that bridge when I get there.

No comments: